Many factors contribute to ease of use. We've been listening to users and paying attention to detail for many years, and it shows. We invite you to look at a number of features and compare their implementation in SmartGo with other programs:
- Just type player name and year to instantly see the games you're looking for.
- Simply drag the most recent move to correct it. Note the selection feedback while you drag the stone.
- Hold down the Alt key and click to instantly go to a particular move. Note how the move number is shown while you hold down the Alt key, so you know where you'll go.
- Adjust the end point of a diagram, and it automatically adjusts the next diagram to match.
- Set up positions in record time. Drag the mouse to quickly add multiple stones; hold down the Shift key to add stones of the other color.
- Use Insert Move Pair to quickly enter a pair of moves you forgot.
- Use the right mouse button to mark an earlier move as bad, without having to go back to that position.
- Mark a move as good or bad, and it will be shown with a ! or ? directly on the board.
- Comment cleanup: Refer to a coordinate like C17 in a comment, click away, and SmartGo replaces that coordinate with a letter that's shown on the board.