SmartGo covers almost every aspect of Go. And in most areas, it goes into more detail than any other program. Here are some more examples of what you can do with SmartGo:
- Guess next move: Choose Replay > Guess Next Move to test your skills while replaying a professional game. Can you tell where the master played?
- Sophisticated search: Choose Replay > Find to search for specific text or properties. You can limit the search to a specific range of move numbers, to main branch or variations only, to the current game or all games. Want to look for ko captures in the opening, for example? With SmartGo you can.
- Diagram export: Choose Edit > Insert Diagram and split the game into 4 diagrams. Then choose File > Export Diagrams, check 'All diagrams', 2x2 per page, and export as PDF. Voilà! Your game record ready to be printed.
- Combine search with diagram export: In File > Export Diagrams, you can export all the positions that you reach with Find Next. For example, you can easily export all the moves you've marked as bad. The possibilities are endless.
- Automatic Replay: Turn on Replay > Automatic Replay, then sit back and observe. Adjust the speed in the dropdown on the navigation toolbar. Combine it with filtering games (only games by Shusaku, for example) and searching (turn on Replay > Automatic Replay > Use Find Next, and restrict to a range of move numbers, for example), and you have a screen saver that presents you with Shusaku midgame positions.
- Tourney: Want to see how SmartGo compares to other programs such as GNU Go? Choose Tools > Computer Tourney, and have them play hundred 9x9 games overnight, for example. You can download files with random starting positions for 9x9, 13x13, 19x19, or endgames.
- Game info tags: Want to categorize your games? For example, maybe you want to group them into serious or casual? Choose File > Game Info, enter 'Type: Serious' or 'Type: Casual' in the Tags field. Then right-click on the games list header and choose Add Column, then choose the 'Type' tag. Voilà! Those tags show up in the game list, and you can sort by those tags.
And still there's more. Use Tools > Analyze Game to have SmartGo analyze your game and pinpoint blunders. Choose File > Open Folder to open lots of games at once. Use Tools > Life and Death Tactics to solve hard problems using GoTools.